Sunday, December 05, 2010

Boycott Amazon and PayPal

You probably have heard about WikiLeaks and the cowardice of Amazon and PayPal. If not, go to this link for details on the appalling cowardice of these corporations.

I am appalled at Amazon's lack of character. They succumbed to pressure from the political class and decided to drop WikiLeaks. I have been using Amazon for a long time now for buying everything from books to diapers and toys. But, after this latest incident, I have decided that it is not worth doing business with a company that cannot stand for freedom of speech.

I am going to boycott Amazon starting today. I have just removed all Amazon Associates widgets from my blog. I will be shopping for diapers at Costco or Walmart. I will be shopping for toys at Target or Toys R Us. I will be shopping for books at Borders and Barnes & Noble. I will be shopping for a Nook or Sony e-Reader. I will be switching to Google App Engine.

Also, starting today I have decided to stop using PayPal. I have just initiated the transfer of all my money out of my PayPal account and will be removing my bank account from PayPal once the transfer is complete.

Shame on you Amazon ! Shame on you PayPal !

P.S.: I am very proud of Google for standing up for freedom and pulling out of China. Go Google ! Go Android !

No comments: