Sunday, July 18, 2010

Why Droid X?

Here are some reasons why I like the Droid X :

  1. It runs Android

    • The best distro of embedded Linux and micro Java.

    • Open source - thousands of eyeballs can rip the code apart, find bugs, find security holes and criticize Google's implementation.

    • Open platform - I can run whatever the hell I want to run as long as it can be interpreted on the Dalvik VM.

    • Open marketplace - I can download from wherever I want and even setup my own marketplace.

    • Open development - I can develop in any language I want and use any IDE I want without selling my soul to some restrictive developer agreement.



  2. It is from Google, Motorola and Verizon bringing in the best from all these three companies.

    • High quality software from some of the best developers on the planet.

    • Superior hardware from an experienced and reliable hardware manufacturer.

    • Awesome service from the best carrier in the US.


  3. Super size screen that makes for a great reading and browsing experience.

  4. Excellent voice-enabled navigation software

  5. Great battery life


I am sure I am forgetting a lot of other nice features. But, the above are good enough reasons to like the Droid X.

No comments: